We occasionally have HiWi positions for students of the TU Darmstadt. If you are interested in one of the opportunities, please contact only the person indicated in the job description.
HiWi position: Robotics Software Engineer for the Franka Emika Panda (simulator and real robot)
We are looking for a HiWi that wants to work as a robotics software engineer to help us develop the simulator and controllers for the Franka Emika Panda.
- Develop low-level software for the Panda controllers (position, velocity, torque).
- Integrate MoveIt as a motion planner in our system.
- Create a simulation environment in Pybullet and/or IsaacGym.
- Test the controllers in the real robot.
These are ideal points, but most importantly you should have a will to learn new skills.
- Knowledge in robotics and control
- Good knowledge of C++ and Python
- Good knowledge of ROS
- Experience with simulators (e.g., V-Rep/CoppeliaSim, Pybullet, ...)
- Master students in Computer Science, Autonomous Systems, Control and Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related topic are preferred
If you are interested, please send an email with your CV to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (https://www.ias.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/Team/JoaoCarvalho).
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: At least 6 months
- Minimum contract: 32 h/month
HiWi position: Robotics Software Engineer for the Tiago dual-armed mobile manipulator robot
We are looking for a robotics software engineer to join our team in the development of a full-body motion generation software stack for our dual-armed mobile manipulator robot: the Tiago++.
You will be part of a team working on:
- Developing software in C++ for full-body robot motion generation using optimization techniques,
- Creating python and ROS interfaces to the full-body motion generator,
- Running tests on the real robot in the lab,
- Helping in the integration of the software stack into a Reinforcement Learning pipeline to perform challenging full-body manipulation tasks.
- Knowledge of robotics and control,
- Good knowledge of C++ and Python,
- Good knowledge of ROS.
Master students in Computer Science, Autonomous Systems, Control and Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines are especially encouraged to apply.
Please send an email with your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (https://irosalab.com/people/).
- Start: ASAP (Posted on June 24th, 2022)
- Duration: Atleast 6 months
- Minimum contract: 32 h/month
HiWi position: Investigate low-cost robotic arm & potential integration on mobile platform / SPOT.
We are currently looking for a robotic software engineer that can support us to 1) investigate an already provided interface to a recently ordered low-cost robotic arm (https://www.trossenrobotics.com/widowx-250-robot-arm.aspx) and to 2) (later) create some mechanical interface that allows mounting it on a mobile platform and later even on a Boston dynamics SPOT.
- Setting up the already provided interface to the arm
- Evaluating the tracking performance of the arm & the possibilities for control
- Transfer the arm onto a mobile platform / SPOT
- Knowledge and prior experience with Python (and/or) C++ (ideally ROS)
- Basic knowledge in robot control, i.e., forward/inverse kinematics, etc.
- Background in 3D printing / mechanical design is a plus
If you are interested, please send a short letter of motivation and your CV to mailto:email@example.com
- Start: flexible - but ASAP is preferred (posted on 4th of August)
- Duration: at least 3 months
HiWi position: Website and documentation for the MushroomRL library
The MushroomRL library is a Python library for implementing and running RL experiments. The user base of MushroomRL is constantly growing, as more and more functionalities are added to the library. The recent publication of a JMLR article about MushroomRL is giving high visibility to the library, and motivates its developers Carlo D'Eramo and Davide Tateo to keep improving it. For this HiWi position, we are looking for highly-skilled programmers to create a website dedicated to description and documentation. The website should provide an extensive description of the library, with use cases, examples, and videos. The documentation should be complete and easy to read. Moreover, the graphics of the website has to be modern and captivating. The HiWi student will also have the opportunity to work on the benchmarking of Reinforcement Learning algorithms, if desired.
- Create a website for MushroomRL;
- Improve the technical documentation of MushroomRL;
- Optional: run benchmarking of Reinforcement Algorithms with MushroomRL.
- Basic knowledge of Reinforcement Learning;
- Experience with tools for automatically building documentation, e.g., Read the Docs;
- Excellent knowledge of web programming languages, e.g. HTML , CSS.
If you are interested, please send an email with your CV to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and mailto:email@example.com.
- Start: ASAP.
- Duration: At least 6 months.
HiWi position: Tutor*in zur Untersützung der CER Veranstaltung
Wir suchen Tutor*innen für die Veranstaltung Computational Engineering und Robotik.
- Beantwortung von Fragen im Moodle
- Bestehen der Computational Engineering und Robotik Veranstaltung (oder ähnlich)
Bei Interesse, wendet euch bitte per Mail an: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beginn: 01.04.2020 (oder nach Absprache)
- Dauer: mind. 3 Monate