We occasionally have HiWi positions for students of the TU Darmstadt. If you are interested in one of the opportunities, please contact only the person indicated in the job description.
HiWi positions: Tutors for Robot Learning Fall 2021.
We are currently looking for Tutors for the next Robot Learning lecture, happening in Autumn 2021.
- Help in the preparation of theoretical and programming exercises
- Grading of exercises
- Answer students' questions to exercises
- Ideally have heard the Robot Learning or the Reinforcement Learning lecture OR the Machine Learning and Robotics lectures
- Programming (python) knowledge
If you are interested, please send a short letter of motivation and your CV to mailto:email@example.com, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start: November
- Duration: at least 3 months
HiWi position: Setup Teleoperation of KUKA KR300 R2500 Using Sensor Glove and Unity+ROS
We are looking for a robotics software engineer to assist in setting up a teleoperation interface between a KUKA KR300 R2500 robot and a novel glove-based control device. Furthermore, a simulation in Unity+ROS will be developed by the prospective candidate to enable seamless switching between the real robot and simulation.
- Create teleoperation interface between the robot and the input device based on existing interfaces with other robots
- Create simulation in Unity
- Create ROS control interface that works with Unity and the real robot
- Basic knowledge in Robotics and Control
- Good knowledge of C++ and/or Python; experience with robot simulators is an advantage
- Knowledge of ROS and Unity is a plus
- Master students in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant topic are preferred
If you are interested, please send an email with your CV to mailto:email@example.com, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, mailto:email@example.com.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: At least 6 months
HiWi position: Website and documentation for the MushroomRL library
The MushroomRL library is a Python library for implementing and running RL experiments. The user base of MushroomRL is constantly growing, as more and more functionalities are added to the library. The recent publication of a JMLR article about MushroomRL is giving high visibility to the library, and motivates its developers Carlo D'Eramo and Davide Tateo to keep improving it. For this HiWi position, we are looking for highly-skilled programmers to create a website dedicated to description and documentation. The website should provide an extensive description of the library, with use cases, examples, and videos. The documentation should be complete and easy to read. Moreover, the graphics of the website has to be modern and captivating. The HiWi student will also have the opportunity to work on the benchmarking of Reinforcement Learning algorithms, if desired.
- Create a website for MushroomRL;
- Improve the technical documentation of MushroomRL;
- Optional: run benchmarking of Reinforcement Algorithms with MushroomRL.
- Basic knowledge of Reinforcement Learning;
- Experience with tools for automatically building documentation, e.g., Read the Docs;
- Excellent knowledge of web programming languages, e.g. HTML , CSS.
If you are interested, please send an email with your CV to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and mailto:email@example.com.
- Start: ASAP.
- Duration: At least 6 months.
HiWi position: Variable impedance control for mobile manipulator - test and development
We are looking for a robotics engineer to assist in setting up our new mobile manipulation library for the TIAGo++ robots.
- Implementation of variable impedance controller
- Document and test navigation stack
- Create behavior templates for the robot for contact-rich tasks
- Contribute to our TIAGo++ robot wiki
- Necessary knowledge in Robotics and Control,
- Very good knowledge of C++ and/or Python. Experience with robot simulators is an advantage.
- Proficient in ROS
- Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant topic is preferred.
If you are interested, please send a short letter of motivation and your CV to mailto: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start: September 2021
- Duration: at least 6 months -- topic can be extended into a master thesis
HiWi position: Tutor*in zur Untersützung der CER Veranstaltung
Wir suchen Tutor*innen für die Veranstaltung Computational Engineering und Robotik.
- Beantwortung von Fragen im Moodle
- Bestehen der Computational Engineering und Robotik Veranstaltung (oder ähnlich)
Bei Interesse, wendet euch bitte per Mail an: email@example.com.
- Beginn: 01.04.2020 (oder nach Absprache)
- Dauer: mind. 3 Monate
HiWi position: Integrating algorithms for human-robot interaction in the context of the EU-project SHAREWORK
For the project SHAREWORK https://sharework-project.eu/ we are looking for a software engineer to assist in the integration of algorithms for Human-Robot Collaboration
- Develop a Python script for segmenting human trajectories in the robot workspace
- Integrate a visual sensor (Intel RealSense) in the robotic setup
- Create ROS package for the integration of various modules
- Knowledge of Robotics, Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Python and/or C++. Experience with robot simulators is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ROS
- Will to work with real robotic platforms
If you are interested, please send a short letter of motivation and your CV to mailto: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, mailto:email@example.com
- Start: From now on
- Duration: at least 3 months