- Reinforcement Learning
- Transfer- and Curriculum Learning
- Bayesian Inference
- Robotics and Optimal Control.
Room E327, Building S2|02, TU Darmstadt, Hochschulstr. 10, 64289 Darmstadt
Pascal joined the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Group in May 2019 as a PhD student working on the ROBOLEAP project. He defended his PhD thesis in November 2023. In general, his research interests revolve around various aspects of reinforcement learning that, in his opinion, will be crucial to tackling challenging reinforcement learning problems - two of them being knowledge transfer and learning via curricula. He is convinced that learning systems need to be able to reuse previously acquired knowledge to speed up and bootstrap learning in new situations in order to tackle the most challenging tasks.
Before starting his PhD, Pascal completed his Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Master's degree in Autonomous Systems at the Technische Universitaet Darmstadt. He wrote his Master's thesis on "Generalization and Transferability in Reinforcement Learning" supervised by Hany Abdulsamad, Boris Belousov and Jan Peters, where he investigated concepts from the domain of numerical continuation, parameteric programming and concurrent systems theory for the task of knowledge transfer and finally developed a method for autonomous curriculum generation for reinforcement learning problems.
Curriculum- and Transfer Learning
- , Submitted to the IEEE Transactions on Robotics (T-Ro).
- , Submitted to the IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI).
- , International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML).
- , International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR).
- , Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR).
- , Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS / NeurIPS).
- , Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Robot Learning (CoRL).
- , 4th Multidisciplinary Conference on Reinforcement Learning and Decision Making (RLDM).
Approximate Bayesian Inference for Machine Learning
- , IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI).
- , Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- , 3rd Symposium on Advances in Approximate Bayesian Inference (AABI).
- , Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS).
- , Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI).
- , Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer International Publishing.