Human-Robot Interaction, Robotic Manipulation, Robot Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Motor-Skill Learning
Alap Kshirsagar joined the Intelligent Autonomous Systems lab at TU Darmstadt in July 2022 as a postdoctoral researcher. Alap is currently part of the Adaptive Mind research cluster that brings together scientists from Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Artificial Intelligence in order to understand how the human mind successfully adapts to changing conditions, and what happens when these adaptive processes fail.
Alap received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at the Cornell University, USA in 2022. His thesis was titled "Robot Controllers, Gaze Behaviors and Human Motion Datasets for Object Handovers", and was supervised by Prof. Guy Hoffman. Before his Ph.D., Alap completed a Master's in Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras and a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering at IIT Bombay. He was a visiting student researcher at the University of California-Berkeley in 2016, Rheinisch-Westfalische Technische Hochschule Aachen in 2017 and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in 2020.
- , The Psychology of Technology: Social Science Research in the Age of Big Data, APA.
- , IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, and IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), IEEE.
- , IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, and IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), IEEE.
- , Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), IEEE.
- , Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI), IEEE.
A complete list of my publications is available on my personal webpage.